Pages

Friday 30 December 2011

Digital Spy: Kieron Richardson Interview


Digital Spy recently caught up with Hollyoaks' Kieron Richardson (Ste Hay) in which he talked about what he's liked about this year on the show, and what we can expect for the character as we head into 2012. Also Ste's on-off relationship with Brendan (Emmett J. Scanlan) and what his plans are for his upcoming birthday.

Check out some of what Kieron said below but you can read the interview in full here.

What have been your highlights from the past 12 months at Hollyoaks?
"I think my main highlight from the past year goes without saying - it's been working with Emmett. He's been a great addition to the show, and it's also great for me as an actor to work with someone like him. Emmett's helped me and challenged me, which has been really good.

"It's been another good year, and touch wood, every year I've been here I've had really good storylines - so it's been fantastic to have another successful year on the show."


What do you think of the decision to keep Ste and Brendan apart for the time being?
"I think the two characters definitely needed to split off from each other and do their own thing. I think if you push it in the audience's faces too much, then they'll get bored of it, so I think it's nice that they've stopped that for a bit now and they can both go their separate ways.

"Knowing the relationship that they've got and their past, they will always come back together at some point. But I think it is important that they go off and do their own things. It's nice for us to work with some different people too."


Even if Ste and Brendan are apart for now, could there be a light at the end of the tunnel for their fans in the long-term?
"I don't know whether there's any future in the relationship, but I can definitely see them working together again - whether it'll be in Chez Chez, or Brendan getting Ste to do something dodgy for him. Brendan's obviously that type of character, and Ste's so gullible that he'll just go along and do anything! I can definitely see them having scenes together but as for specifics, even we don't know yet."


It sounds like the writers are planning to explore Ste more in his own right in 2012. Are you excited about what's ahead?
"Definitely. I think this year Ste was very much the victim in every sense - in his career and in his relationship with Brendan. I think in 2012, you're going to see a very different side of Ste and we're giving him a bit of power. He's going to have a new job, he's going to get a new love interest, and he's going to be a brand new person - which is going to be interesting after the year that he's just had!"

No comments:

Post a Comment